AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYER ATLANTA GA
If you’re in need of a top auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA residents trust, you should first do your research. The decision as to who to hire as your lawyer requires thought, time, and asking the right questions.
How do I choose a good auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA has to offer?
Car crash victims rarely know where to start. After the initial shock, you will have questions. Some of the more frequent questions our Atlanta GA firm hears from callers are:
– Who will pay my medical bills?
– Who will pay for the damage to my car?
– How will I get around the city?
– What should I tell the insurance company?
– Should I even speak with the insurance company?
– Do I need to give a recorded statement?
– Does my health insurance pay for my medical bills?
– Which specialist should I visit?
– How much time do I have to file a lawsuit?
– Do I even have to file a lawsuit?
The point is there is a lot that a car accident victim worries about after an auto accident; rightfully so! After all, the accident has just rocked your world. You were driving with one destination in mind when suddenly, and without any warning, you were hit by a driver. You now have a new hurdle you never saw coming. Talking to a good auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA residents trust will help answer those questions, and in fact will actually help answer questions you didn’t even know to ask.
Hiring a top auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA residents trust is an important decision.
Other than a website called Super Lawyers (which is reserved for the top 2.5% of all lawyers and of which our firm’s personal injury lawyers have been rated and recognized in), there is no “best” list out there of the top accident lawyers. You will want to do your own research. As you decide who to hire to represent you in your accident, ask yourself some questions:
– Where did the lawyer go to college?
– Where did he go to law school?
– Does he have connections in the State?
– What do his former clients say about him?
– What does the internet say about him?
– What awards has he won?
– Has he been recognized in Super Lawyers or by Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite?
– What verdicts has he won?
– What does he charge? (A reputable and experienced auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA can count on will get paid on a contingency fee which means he only gets paid after he wins and it is a percentage of what he wins; it should cost you no money to have him represent you.)
– Is he is a specialist in his field? One of the most important questions you should consider in your hunt for the right car accident lawyer is does he specialize in auto accidents to the point that he is considered a top auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA hires, or does he work in other legal areas as well.
What should I not do as I consider who to hire as my lawyer?
The single worst way to choose a lawyer after a car accident is by hiring someone you see on television. Television lawyers are advertising lawyers. Beyond that the lawyer you see on television is not the actual lawyer who is going to handle your case. And if you really do want him as your lawyer, check up on his credentials and check up on how many cases he has actually litigated. You may be surprised to learn that he did not graduate from a well-respected law school or that he does not go trial, ever.
The second worst way to hire a lawyer is hiring someone whose name was given to you from a phone call after the accident. No matter who called you and told you to call the lawyer, you should never hire him. This is illegal, unethical, and lawyers who get cases this way can be prosecuted.
The third least effective way to choose an auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA folks hire is by hiring the lawyer your doctor suggests. You should listen to your doctor when it comes to medical advice. Of course the referral may turn out to be a good referral, but again, you want to hire someone who you can verify on your own is a good lawyer. Reading former clients’ testimonials and visiting a lawyer’s website to see what awards he has earned, what presentations he has given, and what settlements and verdicts he has won all should help you in your decision.
What questions should I ask in a personal injury consultation?
After you’ve done your research, schedule a consultation with the lawyer. A good auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA accident victims can trust will offer to personally drive out to meet with you in your home. If he sends someone else on his behalf, you know he isn’t taking your personal injury case personally enough.
During your consultation, some of the questions you should feel free to ask:
– What experience do you have handling cases like mine?
– How many cases does your firm handle?
– Will you personally handle my case, or will a paralegal?
– What is your strategy for my case?
– Are you going to settle my case or try my case?
– How long will my case take do you think?
– Will you give me your cell phone number?
Once you are done asking the questions, ask yourself this single most important question: do I trust this auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA residents hire? If your gut tells you no, or isn’t 100% certain the answer is yes, then it doesn’t matter what awards he has or what results he has won for other clients, he is not the right fit for you. Trust is key. As your case progresses, you want to know that your lawyer is zealously fighting for you every step of the way. You want to know that if your lawyer calls you and tells you the insurance company has made an offer to settle your personal injury case, that he is giving you the best advice possible. Similarly, if your lawyer calls you and tells you that he thinks you should take your case to trial in front of a 12 person jury, that he really does believe that it is in your best interest. This is your case. You want someone who is in it with you. At Butler Tobin we feel very confident in our capabilities, awards, verdicts and settlements, and team. We want you to ask us anything—contact our auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA trusts.CLICK HERE FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION