Brookhaven GA Bike Accident Lawyer
What to Know Following a Bicycle Accident
As a Brookhaven GA bike accident lawyer knows, riding a bicycle is a form of transportation, exercise, or sport for many people. Unfortunately, there are dangers associated with riding on city streets. In the event a bicyclist suffers injuries after being hit by a vehicle, they may wish to consult with a bike accident lawyer from Butler Tobin. We are strong advocates for the rights of community members in Brookhaven, and we are proud to be a trusted source for anyone needing a bike accident lawyer Brookhaven GA can provide.
How an Attorney May Help You
If you’ve been injured in a bicycling accident, it could be key to the outcome of your claim that you hire someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in cases similar to yours. There are many ways a bike accident lawyer from Butler Tobin may help you along the way.
- Seek compensation for past and future medical treatment
- Seek compensation for loss of wages
- Provide assistance with initial filing of injury claim
- Organize evidence to support your case
- Contact witnesses for statements
- Evaluate details surrounding the accident
Common Injuries Resulting from Bike Accidents
There are many types of injuries that bicyclists may face if they collide while riding. Some of the more common bicycle accident injuries include:
- Head/skull fractures
- Permanent or temporary brain damage
- Mental confusion and memory loss
- Dental fractures
- Dizziness and vomiting
- Broken bones
- Dislocation of joints
- Road rash
Safety Tips for Bicyclists
One of the best ways to avoid or mitigate an accident is to practice safe cycling anytime you’re on the road. Some important safety tips to keep in mind include:
- Be in control of your bicycle at all times
- Do not ride when intoxicated or under the influence of any type of drug
- Stay in the designated bike lane and in the same direction as traffic
- Utilize protective gear such as gloves, helmet, elbow, and knee pads
- Yield to car drivers on the road and obey the same traffic laws
However, even if you are doing your best to practice defensive and safe riding, other drivers might become distracted or neglectful when behind the wheel. Many bicycling accidents are not attributed to the bicyclist, but rather to another vehicle driver.
Contact a Bike Accident Lawyer in Brookhaven GA
There are many things to consider during the process of your injury claim. By hiring an experienced Brookhaven GA bike accident lawyer, you’ll have a professional who may offer advice specific to your case and negotiate for your best interests.
At Butler Tobin, we firmly believe in supporting those who have been wrongly injured. There is no reason why you have to fight this alone.
We offer every client a free initial consultation so they can get to know our firm and our legal team. Please contact Butler Tobin today by calling our office at 404-587-8423, and we’ll help you set up an appointment to meet with a bike accident lawyer.