BT is Hiring a Lawyer!
Thank you for your interest! Butler Tobin is hiring for one (and maybe two) associate positions. Below please read about who we are and who we’re looking for. If you’re a match, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply as directed below.
Who We Are
We are an Atlanta-based law firm that represents people across Georgia. Our firm handles serious injury and wrongful death cases on behalf of injured people and their loved ones. We take only a small number of cases so that we can provide excellent legal work and excellent client service on the cases that we do take. Our firm is not a “quick settlement” firm—we take cases and build them for trial. If you look at the Google reviews we’ve earned in our firm’s three-and-a-half years of existence, you can see what we’re building.
We take great pride in producing top-quality legal work, and we want to hire someone who shares that view. The applicant we hire must work with a sense of urgency and show attention to detail. A strong work ethic is required.
We are a small office, so keeping a happy working environment is important. Any candidate that we hire (for this or any other position) must be a positive person and pleasant to be around. We treat people with respect. Any lawyer who joins our firm should treat our staff, clients, potential clients, and witnesses with respect and courtesy.
We believe in what we do. We believe in helping people. We believe that practicing law can and should be a noble calling—our first task in any jury trial is to demonstrate for the jury that we are not the quick-buck lawyers they’ve seen on TV. We believe in professional ethics and honesty.
Who We’re Looking For
We want to hire the best candidate we can find. That is most important.
Subject to that, we have two rough ‘job descriptions’ in mind. In the longer-term, we may end up hiring two associates to fill them. Here’s what we’re thinking:
- Will assist mainly on complex cases, such as cases involving sexual abuse, trucking defendants, or negligent security.
- Must have a strong academic background.
- Must have very strong research and writing skills.
- Between 0-3 years of experience. One to two years would be ideal, but we would consider a great candidate straight out of law school or a judicial clerkship.
- Must be willing to work hard. This is not a 9-to-5 job.
- Will be compensated with salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus discretionary bonuses.
Motor Vehicle Associate
- Will work mainly on motor vehicle collision cases.
- Must have strong people and telephone skills.
- Must have experience with motor vehicle cases.
- Must have high personal standards for quality of legal work.
- Must be able to handle a larger number of cases. Not high volume—that’s not who we are—but a higher number of cases than our traditional associate. The caseload can vary by applicant, but somewhere in the range of 30 is a reasonable estimate.
- This person can be, but need not be, a young lawyer. This position could also work for a lawyer who took time out of a career to raise children or pursue personal interests, and now wants to get back into the practice of law.
- This person’s hours are more flexible.
- Will be compensated with a blend of a salary and a case-by-case percentage.
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com containing the following:
- Coverletter. If applicable, specify which of the above roles—traditional associate or motor vehicle associate—you are interested in.
- Recommendation letters or references.
- Writing sample.
Thank you! We look forward to reviewing your materials.