Car Accident Lawyer Atlanta GA
The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents result in thousands of injuries and fatalities every year in the U.S. While some of these accidents are due to bad weather or poor road conditions, the majority of them are caused by driver error. When drivers are negligent in one way or another, they can put everyone on the road in danger. Let’s take a look at some of the most common causes of car accidents in Atlanta GA:
We’ve all had days where we feel a little more tired than normal. However, when people get behind the wheel while they’re very fatigued, they can cause accidents. They may not be able to concentrate on the road because they’re so tired and may even fall asleep behind the wheel. Drivers who suddenly feel drowsy should pull over to a safe spot and rest.
Many people have driven over the speed limit for one reason or another. Perhaps they were in a hurry to get somewhere. Or perhaps they didn’t see the posted speed limits. Unfortunately, speeding is one of the most common causes of car accidents. When individuals drive above the speed limit, they are in danger of losing control of their vehicles. It’s important for drivers to always follow the speed limits to minimize accidents.
It’s critical for drivers to always keep their eyes on the road in front of them. However, with all the different distractions out there, this can be difficult to do all the time. Common distractions for drivers include texting, eating, talking to passengers, and changing radio stations. When drivers take their eyes off the road for even a few seconds, they can miss a vehicle or a pedestrian crossing a street and cause an accident.
Despite all the warnings against drunk driving, some drivers still get behind the wheel impaired. When people have consumed too much alcohol, it can impair their judgment and cognitive abilities to drive. Those who have had too much to drink should find a designated driver to take them home so that they can avoid putting everyone on the road in danger.
Failure to Maintain Vehicle
All Atlanta GA drivers are responsible for maintaining their vehicles. When they fail to do this, accidents can happen. For example, if a person has bad brakes and doesn’t replace them, the brakes could go out on the road and cause an accident.
If you were injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation. It may be in your best interest to schedule a consultation with a car accident lawyer Atlanta GA clients recommend soon to discuss the details of your case. He or she may evaluate your case and determine if you have a shot at winning or not. If your car accident lawyer believes you have a strong case, he or she may help you file a personal injury claim in a timely manner, gather evidence and communicate with insurance adjusters.
A Car Accident Lawyer Atlanta GA Turns to Can Help
If you were in a car accident, you might want to consult with a car accident lawyer Atlanta GA trusts. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries if another party was negligent or responsible for the accident. At Butler Tobin, we may help you bring a lawsuit against the driver who hit you and fight to get you the justice you deserve.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
After a car accident, it is normal to feel a little unnerved. However, it is important to gain your composure and take the necessary steps to protect yourself. Below, is a list of steps to take after a car accident.
- Call the Police: The first thing you need to do is contact the police and have them come to the scene of the accident. They may make a police record that includes important details about the accident, such as who was at fault and how it happened. Remember to obtain a copy of this report and take it to your car accident lawyer in Atlanta GA.
- Take Photos: If your car was damaged from the accident, remember to take clear photos with your cell phone camera right away. These photos may help insurance adjusters decide how much compensation you are entitled to for the damage of your car. If you have visible injuries, like cuts or bruises, take photos of them too.
- Talk to Witnesses: Do not hesitate to talk to every witness who saw the accident. Ask them for their names and contact information. They may be able to testify on your behalf in a deposition.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Your doctor can examine your injuries and determine if treatment is necessary. If you neglect to seek medical attention right away, insurance adjusters might think you are not badly hurt and try to deny your claim. Be sure to go to all your scheduled doctor’s appointments and follow through with the necessary treatments for your injuries.
- Hire a Lawyer: If you work with a qualified car accident lawyer Atlanta GA respects, you may improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries. Your lawyer could help you gather all the necessary evidence and protect your best interests.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer Atlanta GA Clients Recommend?
In the aftermath of a car accident that resulted in injuries to one or more victims, hiring a Georgia car accident lawyer may be necessary. It’s an unfortunate fact that negligent drivers and their insurance companies all too often attempt to avoid paying fair settlements to the victims they injured in auto collisions.
At Butler Tobin, our car accident lawyer in Atlanta GA sees this scenario on a regular basis. In fact, we have devoted a significant part of our practice to fighting for the rights of injury victims and helping them secure the substantial settlements they deserve. If you suffered a terrible injury because of a negligent driver, contact us. We offer accident victims a free consultation with our car accident lawyer to learn how we might be able to help you. What follows are several reasons why it’s important to consider hiring a car accident lawyer after sustaining a serious injury.
Insurance Companies Often Do Not Cooperate
Insurance companies are strictly for-profit corporations whose primary concern is maximizing profits. When an injury claim is filed with them because a customer of theirs was at fault for an accident, there is often a direct correlation between the value of the claim and how they respond. And this is where the value of an Atlanta GA car accident lawyer comes in because they can protect your right to fair compensation. This is because the more serious the injury, the higher the medical costs, the larger the claim in terms of dollar value, the more likely the insurance company will do one or more of the following:
- Deny the claim with the reason that their customer was not at fault for the car accident.
- Delay in paying out on the claim, sometimes for years, with the hope that the victim will give up in seeking compensation.
- Offer a settlement that is far less than the victim’s injury-related costs.
Our car accident lawyer at Butler Tobin is familiar with these tactics and in response will fight aggressively to protect the best interests of our clients. We will use all available resources to achieve the best possible outcome.
Establishing Liability Can Be Challenging
The onus is on the victim to make the case to the insurance company that the latter’s policyholder was responsible for causing the accident. When a victim hires a car accident lawyer from Butler Tobin, they can feel confident that we will perform the necessary groundwork to make a strong case for compensation. If necessary, we can call on auto industry experts and medical personnel to provide testimony on our clients’ behalf.
Negotiating a Fair Settlement Requires Experience
Knowing what to include as damages in the personal injury claim can be a complex process, particularly for serious injuries. Our car accident lawyer has the experience necessary to recognize what costs can be considered, and how to assess acceptable monetary value to non-physical injuries such as pain and suffering. We have a strong record of negotiating significant settlements for our car accident clients who sustained serious injuries.
How Much Does an Atlanta GA Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
If you are considering hiring a car accident lawyer Atlanta GA depends on, you may be wondering how much you’ll have to pay. The good news is that an Atlanta car accident lawyer from Butler Tobin works on a contingency basis. This means that you will not owe any money to your car accident lawyer Atlanta GA counts on until your case is over. If you do not win the lawsuit, you won’t owe your lawyer any money.
Do not wait to hire legal representation for your car accident claim. If you are looking for a car accident lawyer Atlanta GA offers, contact Butler | Tobin today.